The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Daily Tariff: The minimum tariff for tourists visiting in a group of three persons or more are as follows:
- USD 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November
- USD 200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August and December
The minimum price includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- Accommodation (All tourists are accommodated in government approved tourist standard hotels with decent facilities. Tourists have an option of staying at luxury hotels and resorts with an additional cost.)
- All meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- All internal transport
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
The rates given are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
Surcharges: Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual USD 40 per night
- Group of two persons USD 30 per person per night halt
Visa has to be obtained prior to arrival and will be processed by Imprint Bhutan. Other than Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator. The tour operator submits applications for tourist visas. Visa clearance from Thimphu must be obtained before coming to Bhutan. Visa clearance takes at least 10 days to process. Air tickets to Bhutan can only be issued once the visa is confirmed. At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport on payment of USD 40, two passport photos will also be required. Bhutanese Embassies and missions abroad do not issue visa for entry to Bhutan.